Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pinchas

So, as some of you regular readers may have noticed, I sometimes have more d'var torah parts to the blog posts and sometimes more cocktail parts to the posts. This is one of those times where I will have more cocktail recipe words than d'var Torah words. Here are the main reasons:

1) In this week's haftarah, the wife of Manoah was specifically asked not to drink "wine or other intoxicants" so that she could have a son. so, this blog kind of goes against that, therefore, not so much d'var torah this week.

2) It is Canada Day this July 1! So, I feel that a cocktail is necessary to celebrate that. Here is a link to the Canadian Heritage website to learn more about Canada Day:

3) Also, this Sunday is July 4th and since I have been living in New York City for awhile now, I feel that it is important for me to celebrate that holiday too, so I have included a red-white-blue cocktail.

Enjoy your freedom and independence!

RED cocktail recipe (sorry, but I couldn't find a red and white one...)

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink7915.html

1 oz Fris® apple vodka
2 oz apple juice
1 tsp grenadine syrup


RED WHITE BLUE cocktail (I found the recipe on a British site, ironically enough...)

http://www.cocktailmaking.co.uk/displaycocktail.php/877-red-,-white-%26amp;-Blue


red , white & Blue Cocktail Ingredients

Instructions

  • icon pour grenadine into shot glass. Float peach scnapps on top , then float blue bols on top again. Drink should seperate into three layers like a flag

    A nice shot that isn't too strong , it won't blow your head off but it looks pretty smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment