Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Parshat Korach

First of all, I would like to apologize for the lack of a post last week. But, I was very busy with all of these weddings and sheva brachot, so I did not have enough time. I hope that you understand and that you were still able to enjoy Shabbat drinks.

This week's parsha is Korach. Cool story about a rebel in the Jewish people who got a bunch of others against Moshe and then as punishment the ground swallowed him! Read it and learn about what not to do.

This coming Shabbat, I am going to be leaving Manhattan and going to my real home in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada to be with my family. We are all going to be home together for the first time in awhile. One thing about my family is that they drink a lot of beer and my brothers and my abba try to get me to try beer a lot. So, this week's drink is not only inspired by the parsha, but also by my beer-loving family.

Also, a big thank you to Megan Goldman who also gave me the idea for this drink:

Sake Bomb!!

fill a beer glass with your favourite kind of beer (I will be enjoying Canadian beer: Alexander Keiths!!!)
fill a shot glass with sake

place the shot glass in the beer glass and watch it get swallowed up (get it: just like Korach!!)
drink!!

No comments:

Post a Comment